The PADAWAN Society is an initiative by the Department of Anthropology to partner undergraduate majors with graduate mentors in support, promotion, and preparation of postgraduate studies.
The PADAWAN Society has a new Instagram account, be sure to follow us @padawaneagle!
Must hold to Good Standing status @ UNT
- Must have Junior or Senior standing (60+ hours)
- Anthropology major
- Must hold to Good Standing status @ UNT
- 2 Semester mentor commitment
- Commit to 2 meetings/semester
Mentors/Mentees will be required to meet a minimum of twice per semester. Opportunities for meet-ups will be available through departmentally sponsored pizza lunches.
Enrichment workshops will be offered to undergraduate mentees. Mentees are required to attend at least 1 enrichment workshop per semester.
Development opportunities will be offered which include, but are not limited to: social media, social outings, topical newsletters, online discussion groups.
- Invite-Only End of the Year Dinner
- Pinning Ceremony
- Mentees will be invited to attend Master's Degree Hooding Ceremony
Interested in Applying?
Undergraduate students will need to fill out this application.
Graduate students will need to fill out this application.
Questions can be sent to the faculty mentor, Melissa Nelson (email@example.com).
Rose Benton, BA
Shannon Cronin, MS
Jamie Davis, BA
Kayla Davis, MA
Anthony DeFreece, BA
Elizabeth Dieterich, BA
Elise Ford, BA
Erica Hawvermale, MS
Nikki Hicks, BA
Allison Holt, BA
Mandy Jordan, MS
Morgan Kainu, BA
Andrea Lopez-Garza, VA
Brennan Moore, BA
Lindsay Musil, BA
Kelly Partin, BA
Danielle Quintanilla, BA
Sarah Richardson, BA
Rene Zazueta Rivas, BS
Martina Spangrud, BA
Ashley Thomas, MS/MPH
Anders Walkington, BA
Padawan Alumna (B.A.) have gone on to pursue the following graduate programs:
- M.A. in Socio-Cultural Anthropology at the University of Manchester, U.K.
- M.S. in Applied Anthropology at the University of North Texas
- M.A. in Arts Leadership at the University of Houston
- Applied Astronautics Program in the International Institute of Astronautical Sciences
- Ph.D. in the Political Science Department at the University of North Texas
- M.A. in Library Science at the University of North Texas
- MBA at the G. Brint Ryan College of Business at the University of North Texas
PADAWAN SOCIETY 2020-2021
PADAWAN SOCIETY 2019-2020
Who am I on paper?
Winning "Anthropology is..." Poster submitted by Padawan duo Gi and Lillie.
Winners Gi and Lillie of the "Anthropology is..." Poster enjoying their prize!