- By end of first semester Choose committee chair (obtain their signature on MA/MS Committee Form, available here)
- By end of second semester Choose second committee member (obtain their signature on MA/MS Committee Form, available here)
- Prior to thesis project Choose third/outside committee member (obtain their signature on MA/MS Committee Form, available here)
- After 9 credit hours Submit Degree Plan
- Start of last semester Apply for graduation; see the Toulouse Graduate School website for more details
- Start of last semester Make sure your professors remove grades of "Incomplete" in all prior courses required for this degree
- Start of last semester Submit Degree Plan Change Form if there were any changes from the Degree Plan you submitted originally (almost always the case); you can access the form here
- Start of last semester File proof of completion of foreign language requirement for MA
- Middle of last semester Submit applied thesis to Toulouse; deadlines are listed on the Toulouse Graduate School website
You should submit the MA/MS Committee Form to the Program Coordinator as soon as possible. It is normal to submit it with only the Committee Chair filled out at first. Signatures are required for all committee members.
The second committee member must be selected by the end of your second semester.
The third/outside committee member must be selected before you start your thesis research. In general, this person will have an area of expertise that relates to your thesis research, such as design or information science.
You should initiate conversations with your committee chair about your second and third committee members at the appropriate times.
If your third committee member is not on the UNT faculty, they need to be approved as an Associate Member of the Graduate Faculty by UNT's Toulouse Graduate School. The process requires the person's CV and a blurb written by the student stating why the person is critical to the student's research and thesis. Those two items should be sent to the Program Coordinator by email so they can fill out the online application form.